A debit card is basically a payment card that can be used instead of cash to make a payment. It also allows instant cash withdrawal. Nowadays, the use of debit cards has overtaken the use of cheques. Customers can apply for debit cards in two ways: offline and online. In this article, we will discuss how to get an HDFC debit card. If you want to apply offline, you need to go to the bank branch. So, it is important to know HDFC Bank timings so that you don’t end up waiting for long hours.
HDFC Bank Timings on weekdays
On the weekdays, i.e. Monday to Friday, the Bank opens at 9:30 AM and closes at 3:30 PM. However, this timing may vary from branch to branch depending on the location of the bank. In some regions, the bank remains open till 4 PM. To be specific about the timing, it is advisable to contact the branch you are visiting.
HDFC bank timing on weekends
Like most of the banks, HDfC bank remains close on the second and fourth Saturday’s. On the first, third and fifth Saturdays, the bank is open from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
Sundays are off.
HDFC Bank Lunch timing
The general lunchtime of HDFC bank is 1 pm to 2 pm, but the staff endeavours to provide non-stop service. The staff go for lunch at different shifts. Customers can go to the bank anytime during the working hours for any service or enquiry.
Customers can go to the bank on any of the working days to apply for an HDFC debit card.
Applying for an HDFC debit card
To apply for an HDFC debit card offline, you can follow these steps:
- Locate the nearest HDFC Bank branch in your area. You can use the HDFC Bank website or mobile app to find the branch closest to you, or you can also ask someone and take the information.
- When you’re at the branch, approach the bank representative or the customer service desk and take an application form for a debit card.
- For filling up the application form, you are required to provide necessary details such as your name, address, contact number, PAN card number, etc. double-check the information before submitting the form. Any discrepancy in the form will cancel the process.
- Submit the application form along with any required documents to the bank representative or at the designated counter. The documents usually include identity proof (e.g., Aadhaar card, passport, PAN card) and address proof (e.g., utility bill, rental agreement, bank statement).
- Some debit cards require an initial deposit to activate the card or maintain a minimum balance. Ensure you have the required funds and inquire about any such requirements at the time of application.
- Collect acknowledgment or receipt: After submitting the application form and documents, request an acknowledgment or receipt from the bank representative as proof of your application submission.
- The bank will verify the details provided, and conduct any necessary checks. If the application is approved, the debit card will be issued and dispatched to the address you registered.
- When you receive the debit card, it will usually come with instructions on how to activate it. You can follow the provided guidelines to activate your HDFC debit card, which may involve contacting the bank’s customer service or using an ATM.
Applying for an HDFC debit card online
Following is the step-by-step procedure to apply for a debit card online.
- First, go to the official HDFC Bank website (www.hdfcbank.com). Log in with your login credential i.e. User ID and password. You will get this credential when you register for internet banking.
- Then, search for the “Products” or “Cards” section. Search for debit card options, click on them.
- You will find different types of debit cards in that section. Select one of them and you have to click on the “Apply Now” or “Apply Online” button according to what is displayed on the screen. This is to initiate the online application process.
- Then, you have to provide your accurate personal information such as your name, date of birth, address, contact details, PAN card number, etc. Check the information carefully before proceeding. The information should match the one you provided during the time of account opening.
- In the next step, you will be asked to upload scanned copies or images of supporting documents such as identity proof (e.g., Aadhaar card, passport, PAN card) and address proof (e.g., utility bill, rental agreement, bank statement). Keep the documents ready in digital format before starting the application. Read the instructions carefully for the right size of the documents.
- After you have filled in all the required information and uploaded the necessary documents, review the application form to ensure accuracy. Then, you can click on the “Submit” or “Apply” button to submit your application.
- After submitting the application, the bank will conduct verification checks on the provided information and documents. This is to review your application.
- The banks also allows you to track the progress of your application. HDFC Bank usually provides a tracking facility on their website or mobile app, allowing you to check the status of your debit card application. Keep an eye on the application status and any communication from the bank regarding the application.
- Once your application is approved, HDFC Bank will dispatch the debit card to your registered address. Follow the instructions provided with the card to activate it, which may involve contacting the bank’s customer service or using an ATM.
HDFC bank timing for online application
For the application of debit cards, HDFC bank timing is 24/7, 365 days except for the bank holidays . You can initiate the process anytime.
HDFC Bank timings for other online services.
Now, NEFT is available 24/7, 365 days. Customers can transfer fund to a beneficiary anytime. For the first transaction, you need to first add the recipient’s account as beneficiary and wait for 30 mins. Only then, you can start transferring money. If you wish to make an NEFT transfer offline, you can visit the bank during the normal working hours.
Hdfc bank provides Real Time Gross Settlement from 0:30 AM to 11:30 PM. Customers can transfer funds during this timing. For offline transfers, customers visit the branch anytime during the working hours.
HDFC Bank offers IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) for instant fund transfers to accounts held in other banks in India. IMPS transactions can be initiated 24/7, including weekends and holidays. This means you can transfer funds through IMPS at any time, regardless of the time of day or the day of the week.
IMPS allows for real-time fund transfers, enabling immediate credit to the beneficiary’s account. However, it’s important to note that the availability of the funds in the beneficiary’s account may also depend on the receiving bank’s processing time.